Siena. When Christmas comes, this city resembles a nativity scene with decorations and fairy lights. Its tables are getting ready to welcome the most anticipated lunch of the year. The specialties that no one should go without in a typical Sienese Christmas? Ricciarelli (almond biscuits) and panforte (gingerbread)! But where to buy these typical delicacies Made in Siena during your Christmas at the Grand Hotel Continental Siena - Starhotels Collection?
1. Nannini (Via Banchi di Sopra, 24). Among the monuments of Siena there are also pastries Nannini, a symbol of a city in the world in terms of tradition and quality. Among the must the gingerbread, gingerbread and cake of figs and nuts.
2. New Pastry (Via Dupre, 37): From 1961 a guarantee of absolute quality in the field of fresh and traditional pastry. Horses, Ricciarelli, nooks, gingerbread and more.
3. Antica Drogheria Manganelli (Via di Citta, 71). A word of advice? Do not miss the ancient spice mixture for your home-made gingerbread. An institution in the city and beyond.
4. Nocino pastry (Via Aretina, 13): Among the cult Lady's Kisses and the excellent gingerbread Margherita.
5. Buti pastry (Viale Vittorio Emanuele II, 53). Sheets of rice, pan co 'saints, caramel, gingerbread and Ricciarelli. One of the most famous pastry shops in the city
6. Sinatti pastry (Via Fiorentina, 99). Ricciarelli and gingerbread then the ladies, the gingerbread and the black flowers.